Thursday, March 15, 2007

Cam's First Uni Post

Hey, my name is Cam Williams and this is my blog for the subject New Communications and Technologies.

I am a seventeen year old and i am currently in my first year of a Communication degree. Ultimately I hope to become a free-lance journalist, but in the more immediate future I would like to get a cadetship at some form of surfing or music magazine, as cliché as that may come across as.

I am a fairly musically orientated person, particularly rock music; bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Kings of Leon. I have been bodyboarding religiously for six or seven years, yet remain to be mediocre at best.

I graduated last year from Varsity College, and despite being a little disappointed with my OP I doubt I could have had a better year (with exception to the violent hangovers I had in most of my early morning English lessons).

So far in this subject I found the movie La Jetee interesting even though I had little no to clue what was happening. I thought it was particularly interesting that the movie managed to carry a complex plot, despite having a fraction of the technology we have today.

Back on topic, my blog page will basically provide a journal of this subject and my experiences within it, relating back to the lecture and completing assessment in regards to my tutorial tasks. In doing this subject I want to ensure that I actually do have a thorough understanding of computers, something which I obviously will need if I ever intend on becoming a journo.

In closing, I look forward to the next French film we end up watching, assuming I can follow the plotline, but don’t particularly look forward to learning a thorough history of New Communications in my next lecture. Sorry Steve.

Oh and by the way, just thought I would add I cannot hack the humidity at uni so far. Thank Christ for this air-conditioned lab.

Cheers for reading,
Cam.

1 comment:

sophie said...

ewww cam. u smell. invest in some worthwhile deodorising substance.